Why Use a Centrifuge?
Centrifugation is a process used to separate or concentrate materials suspended in a liquid medium. It is a highly accelerated form of sedimentation, which uses gravity to separate particles heavier than the liquid medium. Centrifugal force accelerates this settling rate in an instrument called a centrifuge.
Watch Our Company Overview Video!
Download our Company Flyer (585K, PDF)
The centrifuge spins the material at high rotation speeds and uses centrifugal force to separate the particulate from the liquid. Centrifugal force can reach many thousand times that of gravity, quickly separating the liquid/solid material.
Centrifuges are used in a variety of scientific and technical applications. In some instances, the solid is waste. In other applications, such as some chemical manufacturing, the solid is the final product being harvested.
Why Choose CentraSep® Centrifugation?
CentraSep® is the gold standard for separating centrifuges. Patented technology and unique design create a reliable, high efficiency system that offers ‘best in class’ centrifugation.
- Fully automated, operating 24/7 without operator intervention
- Standard 316 Stainless Steel Construction
- The most durable and reliable high performance centrifuge available
- The cleanest system available
- Can extract solid particulate regularly down to 5 micron, sometimes to the nano-particle level
- Uses no consumable media, such as bags, cartridges and filter paper
- Best warranty & service – Lifetime Warranty Optional
- Reduces waste disposal volume and associated costs
- Requires a smaller footprint than settling tanks, filter presses or dragouts
- Can eliminate traditional filtration, or work in tandem to make it more efficient and effective
- CentraSep’ proprietary design eliminates the mechanical complexity that plagues traditional systems.
Before you decide, see our list of questions everyone should ask when considering centrifugation. Then call CentraSep to see what’s right for you.
CentraSep is more than a centrifuge manufacturer; we are a Filtration Engineering Solutions Company.
Top of Page